Palmetto Youth Connections is a Community Partnership focused on serving out-of-school youth ages 16-21 throughout South Carolina. Our focus is to develop community-wide partnerships and collaborations among state agencies, local municipalities, local workforce investment boards, community-based organizations, faith-based groups, School Districts, Adult Education programs and others that serve youth.
Our Mission: Improve the quality, competitiveness, and productivity of the nation’s future workforce by removing barriers and developing the skill sets of our young adults.
What's In It For You?
- A chance to complete your high school education or upgrade your basic skills!
- The opportunity to train for a career!
- The assistance and support of a caring staff that will help you succeed!
- The ability to set goals that may change your life!
- Earn cash incentives for completing your High School Diploma or GED!
- Enter into paid Internships or On-the-Job training opportunities!
- Receive financial assistance for certificate or diploma courses with local colleges!
- Receive assistance from a certified Career Coach to get financial aid for college!
To register for the program you must:
- Be a young adult ages 16*-21
- Attend our program orientation
- Complete a registration application
- Provide eligibility documentation (PYC staff will assist you with this process once you attend orientation)
- Household Income
- Drivers License
- Birth Certificate
- High School Transcript
- High School Withdrawal Letter
- Show barriers to employment